All rules will be in accordance with NFHS standards unless otherwise noted.
1. Playing time will consist of four 12 minute running quarters, 1 minute between quarters with a 3 minute halftime. A one minute time out is permitted at the end of the game in the final 2 minutes only if the teams are within a 2 goal margin.Games will begin promptly on the hour.
2. In the event of an extended injury (longer than 1 minute), the officials will add time to the second half of the game.
3. NFHS stick regulations will be used.
4. U11 and U-13 will not play with advancement rules. 4 second crease rule remains in effect for all age levels.
5. Substitutions on the fly, except after a goal is scored or on a time serving penalty. In that case the officials will allow a quick substitution to get EMO or MDD on the field.
6. Penalties will be running time. The penalty time will begin when the ref blows the whistle to restart play. All time serving penalties will be 1.5 x longer than assigned due to running clock (example : For example a 30 second penalty will be 45 seconds, and 1 minute penalty will be 90 seconds penalty time on a running clock. 7. Regular games may end in ties. Exception: playoff or Championship games will be 4 minute sudden death overtime followed by Braveheart.
8. Decisions on the field will be the final ruling. No disputes will be heard after the game.
9. Any coach or player ejected from a game will not be allowed to participate in the following scheduled game for their team.
10. There will be stick checks before each half. There will be no further stick checks unless requested by the opposing coach. If the stick is not legal, the appropriate penalty will be assessed.
11. All legal stick & body checks are permitted. No take-out checks are permitted by any player at any age level.
12. Only head coaches may speak to referees. All other coaches, parents, volunteers etc. should not speak to referees or risk an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for their respective team.
Cape Fear Clash reserves the right to disqualify a team for infractions of the following policies:
Use of Illegal Players: The players listed on the roster at the time the roster is submitted are the only players eligible to play.
Poor sportsmanship: Good sportsmanship is expected at all times. Spirit of the game is expected as well. The Cape Fear Clash Administrators reserve the right to immediately terminate a game and/or escort a player, team, coach or spectator from the premises.